Sunday, December 21, 2008

CPH. And CPH II



So, of course I knit a CPH. My sister introduced me to the wonderful world of Interweave Press...and the CPH, which I promptly fell in love with. My first cabled project, and first experience with a garment. The cables took a bit of getting used to, but the project was easy to memorize, and fun to do. It does get boring, making a sweater, but come on. A whole sweater! It's still not technically finished (I never added buttons) and I didn't make buttonholes (I didn't like the crocheted ones on the pattern), but I still wore it when I was in Vermont this summer. Yeah, that's right. I wore it. In August.
Oh, and this introduced me to the wonderful world of...picking up stitches. Annoying. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease for this, because at that point, I wasn't a fancypants like everyone else who used Donegal Tweed. It's a bit rough for me, so whatever.
The second one is one I'm making for my sister-in-law, who liked mine when she saw it. I didn't use Wool-Ease for this one. I went to Saybrook Yarn's insane sale from Labor Day weekend...the 6 a.m. sale which was totally worth it. Merino Sheepskin Co.'s Wool-Pak 10 ply in navy. A great yarn, and I love getting a ton of yarn at once. I think there's over 200 yards in each...I wouldn't say skein. A hank? Nevertheless, it's awesome. Hopefully I'll finish it by her birthday in February...but it's already almost Christmas and I'm still stuck with hats. Oh, and the clapotis, which has been giving me nightmares, but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment