Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Raleigh Hills Hat and Gloves



So here's the Raleigh Hills hat, made for Chris. It's one of my favorite patterns, and the yarn is really nice: Cascade 220. Cascade is giving Berroco a run for its money in terms of most awesomest yarn right now...but anyway. It took a day and a half to make, and it's pretty mindless. But the staggered cable is really nice looking. I like that the cables are smaller - I think this was knitted on 8s, so it's not super small, but .... it's a nice size. Side note, I don't know WHAT the deal is with my hair in this picture. Usually I have a full WCF, but for some reason it photographed like a Pantene commercial. I'm not complaining, but I just wish it looked like that more often.



Here are my first gloves. Unfortunately (for Chris) these are sidelined while I make Christmas presents...Same yarn as the hat....now looking at this, I feel guilty that I haven't finished them.

No comments:

Post a Comment