Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Ugliest Prayer Shawl ever.

So, honestly. I don't know WHAT I was thinking using Farmhouse Yarn's crazily variegated yarn for a prayer shawl for my church, which they donate to my local hospital, or to parishioners going through illness, or hard times. It's a nice yarn, but...it's just too crazy. You need a super plain project to use this particular colorway, and the standard K3,P3 repeat of a prayer shawl makes a nubby fabric that, in this case, looks like someone seriously hurled all over it.
Can I get a witness?


I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. I went to a prayer shawl dedication and had it blessed, but ... it's just so ugly. I want to frog it, but what about the blessing on it? Is that bad form? Whatever. My desire to frog will probably win in the end. This thing could make a sick person sicker. Or more depressed. Or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment