Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drops designs=80's or great?


Finished another Drops design this past year - which is my favorite sweater. After shrinking first Drops jacket (I know, I know) I decided to do a cardigan with lace yoke. Oh, my god. Used Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton that I got at Stitches East last fall (conveniently located 2 feet from my work). Pure Cotton was nice to work with, but holy cow does that yarn get fuzzies everywhere when wearing! I seriously don't know why I bother with her yarns any more. I do have a crapload of Cotton DK I'm working on the Que Sera cartigan with (and have been for a year or so - also Cotton DK is painful to work with but I digress); also have some EcoBaby Fairtrade that may or may not be an Elemental Boatneck (EcoBaby is probably my favorite of the 3 to work with.
What was I talking about? Oh yeah, my Drops cardigan. So, I'm going along in the pattern, super easy, la la la, not a care in the world. Front and back worked at the same time, two sleeves worked on separate needles, whatever! Then: "Slip sleeves on the same circular needle size 4.5 mm / US 7 as body piece where bind off for armholes". And then start yoke lace pattern? Doesn't sound like anything interesting, but the sleeves are tubes. Body is flat. Joining together was...oh my god. The most aggravating. For the first 3 or four rows, just so painful to work sleeve stitches. So f%^#^@%^&@$&@$# painful. After that, though...just great! My only bone to pick with this pattern is that sleeve edge should have been on smaller needles. Oh, also, I hate buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment