Saturday, May 21, 2011

I can't always get what I want.

Here is what I have figured so far.
1. I'm in a knitting rut.
2. I'm a Ravelry pattern browsing ho.

Now why is this happening? I've browsed my hibernating projects and can only discover two reasons.
1. I hate purling and most of my projects are NOT in the round, thus purling is involved in a major way.
2. For my projects that ARE in the round, they are using dpns, and therefore are fiddly and irritating.

Since realizing this (I've been doing a lot of self realization lately, so maybe that is a part of my knitting rut? I'm too busing having epiphanies?), I have come to the conclusion that I should just knit tube tops.

I'm kidding. That's disgusting.


P.S. I was going to add a clip from the Big Chill (for the title of the post), which got me thinking about William Hurt, which made me think of Body Heat. Was that movie for real? The mustache, the ridiculous amount of sweating/slow ceiling fans, and Ted Danson? And why did they smoke like every second? I mean, back when I was a smoker (Kools, y'all), and there was nothing that was more repulsive than smoking in extreme heat and humidity. Right? Right.

P.P.S. Special Agent Oso is a terrible show.

P.P.P.S. On my Facebook page it seems to show Ben Linus as my only "Like". I won't quarrel with that. Even though Lost can suck it.

2 comments:

  1. Hurt: You shouldn't dress like that.

    Turner: This is a dress and a skirt, I don't know what your talking about.

    Hurt: You shouldn't wear that body.

    P.S.
    Why don't we own Body Heat on Blu-Ray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ned: How's the cop business, Oscar?
    Oscar: Real good. Always starts hopping in weather like this. When it gets this hot, people try to kill each other.

    ReplyDelete