Sunday, May 15, 2011

I guess this is a Sunday thing...Or Whatever. Or Not. Maybe? Probably.

I am feeling like each week I'll start with saying how I need to knit more. It was my resolution to knit more this year, and here we are. I have no garments completed. Aidez, my dream lounge cardigan, is hibernating. I'm knitting gnomes still, and the Swallowtail lace shawl is in progress...sorta?













Oh, there it is. Well...So I'm not working on it right now. I'm blogging, geez. But I did stuff...and stuff!













OK, fine. I stopped in the beginning of a row about a week ago when I was at CZ's. It was kind of crazy party, and I remembered my rule: don't knit while slightly intoxicated. Even more important rule: NEVER KNIT LACE WHILE SLIGHTLY INTOXICATED. So, I locked my row counter, and slid the needles out a bit, and secured project in project bag. And I've barely touched it since. I'll get back into it, because I'm irritated with gnomes. Even though they literally make me start giggling every time I look at them. Just fiddling with the stupid, stupid, stupid double pointed needles...ugh.













Oh, come on guys. You know I can't resist.













OK! OK! You win! You melted my stone heart, which isn't actually stone at all and is on my sleeve at all times. I just like to say I have a stone heart because I don't want to admit that I'm really a squishy sensitivepants Cancer, because that won't give me any street cred. But there you have it.

I'm also doing constructive things with my time, like drinking pink champagne, going to a Sanrio store (totally tricked out Prius with Hello Kitty antenna topper, y'all), making soup (yellow split pea and ham), and reading all of John Podhoretz's movie reviews on the Weekly Standard site, which has had me loling for days.

I suppose that's all for now. Oh, I just gave myself away by saying I read the Weekly Standard. Whoops. Oh, who cares? Not me.

1 comment:

  1. you are a funny lady! I like how the gnome's are coming out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete