Friday, June 10, 2011

Here we are.

I was going to start this as yet another abject failure post, but have decided otherwise. It will be more ... whatever random thoughts I want it to be. Speaking of random, it's so nice to drive through an enchanted forest to get home, isn't it? (If you look, I am not moving when I took this picture. One of the benefits of living in the woods: you can randomly stop your car in the road to take pictures and no one cares.)

Anyway, I digress. This week has provided many, many knitting segues. Last Saturday evening, I was at a super fancy party at my good friend's house, which had an extremely highbrow premise. The premise was: sit on the porch with 40's in a paper bag, and drink them. Now, I'm generally a wine sort of girl. I appreciate beer, but a 40? I put my fancy foot down and brought my own beer. I had two Sierra Nevada 24 oz and one Sam Adams Summer Ale 24 oz. (I won't answer your next question; which I know already, "Didja drink 'em all?") So, we're all sitting on the porch with our paper bags and 40s, (or 24s), and Miss Bez herself gets a text that our good friend and my cousin is currently in labor (she wasn't due until July). So Bez has to book to the hospital, where Julie had a baby boy. 5 lbs, 5 oz, same weight as my Tiny One was when he was born. (Tiny One was 4 weeks early). So, once her baby was on the way, I immediately started thinking about baby items. Baby items are quick and satisfying. I started to try making booties, but they came out huge. Having had a preemie, I knew it was a ridiculously huge size. I was using size 5 needles and Classic Elite Bam Boo, and it was still huge. The pattern I was using was for a heavier weight yarn, methinks.
I was going to include a photo, but I already frogged it in disgust.

Anyway. I need to make something. I don't want to rush it. (Ugh; I'm always rushing it.) Thinking of a two color blanket. I always want to make the Tree of Life pattern, but if I'm doing a two color blanket (say, with the Sirdar Tweedie I have in blue and white) I don't think that would work so well doing two color blocks. That would be kind of nuts. I'll figure something out. I think?

I also got a fair amount of cooking done. I made some BBQ chicken and delicious biscuits (if I do say so myself)

Whatever, no picture of chicken. I don't care. I also made carrot and apple muffins, which Tiny One went bonkers for (he asked me if he could have 18 of them this morning)

And then...homemade Samoas. Yes, I ran out of dark chocolate. No, I don't care. The bottoms are dipped in dark chocolate, which works for me. Here they are preparing for their swim:
Shortbread cookies. Toasted coconut. Melted caramels. Dark chocolate. Hard to go wrong there.

Of course, I had my trusty sidekick - the apron I've had for the past thirteen years. We've been through many flourless chocolate tortes, her and I. And I love her for it.

Well, that seems like enough for now, I suppose. Oh, tomorrow is yarn bombing day. I'm tired. I'm not doing it. I am, however, starting this.
Ugh. Just tried to take a picture (I'm on row 30); but my stupid Blackberry isn't working. I have to return that piece of garbage to Verizon tomorrow to get another one. This will be my third Blackberry since I got it in September. Yes, it was a mistake. I should have held out for an iPhone. Don't tell anyone that I want an iPhone. It'll ruin my Linux street cred.

Off to CZ's for some girl time. G'nite, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Girl time was great! And when did you bake all of that? Between leaving Gelston and coming over? that is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!! I made it...Tuesday evening? I think it was Tuesday. When I got home from work I got worked into a baking frenzy and cooked until like 10 pm.. Also, I fully applied for colllllege this morning!! I is gonna be smart lady! =)

    ReplyDelete