Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lovely day...

This morning was spent in knitting bliss. I realize that my previous post seemed glum compared to the opening sentence of this one, but for the first time in a while my yarn and pattern choices made sense together. I frogged my Swallowtail Shawl and started on the Summer Flies Shawl with my Malabrigo Lace. I had started it yesterday - I just love shawls so much. And this one is alternating sections of eyelets and stockinette with tiny butterfly lace.
I was fully in the zone with this one. I'm on row 63 of 93. It. Is. On.
Initially I had started this with my size 8 rosewood straight needles, but I knew I'd have to switch it up once the shawl started blossoming. Those needles are such a dream, though...until it got a little splintery at the end and it had to be sanded down a bit. So swishy though; I love the feel of them.
At about 10 o'clock this morning I realized that I needed to find my size 8 circulars - it was getting slightly tricksy to use the rosewoods. I dug through my yarn nook, and my needle case. Nothing. No size 8s. How can this be? I know for a fact I've bought Addi size 8s. I think my first set of Addis was the size 8s for the Central Park Hoodie...So I could not find them. Went to the yarn room, and found a set of Susan Bates size 8s on the Guinan hat I had hibernating since last fall. (Yes, it is Guinan from TNG. A rather hilarious pattern that I'd just never finished.) So, after liberating them from the Guinan, I continued on my merry way. This pattern goes quickly; I'm almost at the knitted openwork section, which seems to be near the end. I mean, I am over halfway there. I wonder how quickly I can get it done? Hmm...
If I keep up at this rate, I bet I could be done Monday. Although, tomorrow I won't be able to knit as much - Tiny One and I have lots of cooking to do for Christopher for Father's Day. We shall see!

P.S. I saw Tree of Life this afternoon. I'm still trying to process it.

No comments:

Post a Comment