Friday, June 3, 2011

Got some knittin' done, y'all

Yeah, yeah, I know. I started this blog about 3 years ago and I'm just starting to link things now. Being a Cancer, I will now do this all the time. So let's just get this over with, shall we?

I woke up this morning with my regular Rizzo hair. I had a grand plan this afternoon to find a random high school that was going to be putting on a production of Grease and try out real quick before my hair appointment.

Totally didn't happen. So now I'm back to my new hair, which, yeah. I love. Because it's a full rip off of someone. Who was it again?

Still working on the blanket. The controversial stripe is not bothering me as much as it did earlier, but still...I don't know. I finished 1 1/2 repeats of the chart at lunch, which pleased me immensely. It was a lovely day outside, so I took my knitting out to the mean streets and sat...here.














It was absolutely terrifying. The foliage, the quiet, the gentle breeze. Horrid. Well, there was a pigeon that was staring at me when I first got there for what seemed like an hour, but it was probably only a minute. It was disgusting. I couldn't even knit. I just stared at it. It was staring at me. It had red eyes. I wanted to run away but was petrified that it would peck my eyes out. I'm getting chills thinking about it. Anyway, enough about disgusting birds. After that thing left, I continued my work. And in the sunlight, you can see the difference in the dye lots much better.
















Why yes, I am wicked pale. Well, I was in the sun. Sort of. I kept moving back under the shade of a tree because I burn in like 3 seconds.


I feel like I should link some more, but am now out of ideas. I think I'll knit for a bit and watch embarrassing television programming while Chris is at the movies. (It's totally not Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives) (ok, fine it is, but I'm not linking to anything featuring Guy Fieri's face.)

Why does Scully keep biting me? What does she want? Why won't she shut her meow trap? This is irritating, Scully. I don't want to cuddle with you now. You'd probably bite me anyway. You're fired, evil cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment