Thursday, June 16, 2011

Once upon a time, I said something about crocheting.

While on Twitter the other day, one of the Ravelry ladies said something about making a bazillion granny squares. I thought I knew what that was, but googled it anyway. Granny squares remind me of afghans we had when I was little. I looked at some videos on how to make them, and it looked so...easy? Fast? Maybe not easy. But a fluid movement. I think...I'll take back everything negative I've ever said about crocheting. Besides, crochet seems to be the chosen method for making tiny animals.

I think I am frogging the Swallowtail Shawl I'm currently working on with my Malabrigo Lace, and going to make the Summer Flies shawl with the Malabrigo held doubled. I love the color of the Malabrigo Alpine Pearl. So dark, and purple-y. (Just like me?)

I probably should be working on birthday presents. My good friend's birthday is in September, and I've been promising her a knitted garment for ... uh...a while. I did make her a hat, but good grief. It was one of the first hats I made and it was a nightmare. I wouldn't blame her if it was in a garbage can.

No, I'm not shame spiraling. Just speculating. A bit of a crazy day, and week. Lot of stressful things going on at work; want to be doing my best, but have a confidence problem with my abilities. I'm also looking at going back to school and have the whole "I'm too old to go back; I wasted so much time." conflict going on in my head. I don't know. Also, when I was leaving my doctor at lunch today, I drove into the back of some lady's Volvo. There was no problem with either car, and she was super nice, but it was just...ugh. Capping off a crappy day, an emotional day with a car accident. Perfect.

OK, that fully sounds like a shame spiral, but ... I didn't really dwell on that. I mean, I did listen to this on my ipod, but no big deal, right? Totally fine for someone that is having a crappy day.

Good grief.


Crocheting, right guys?! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No comments:

Post a Comment