Saturday, July 16, 2011

Aidez, Part 9 Bazillion

Started this week determined to work on a new Aidez with the Sirdar Tweedie. Finished this weekend knitting...my Wool of the Andes Aidez. Yeah, I know. I had a conversation with friends about the Aidez and got positive feedback, and was wondering why the hell I was leaving it when I was that close to completion? I knitted all day today while watching all 3 Lord of the Rings movies (I know, it seems terrible to watch movies all day while it was absolutely beautiful out).
Here's my progress with the Aidez thus far:
I edited this photo a bit, as my Blackberry takes the most awful pictures, especially at night. My Gimp editing skills leaves a little to be desired. (Side note, Star Trek TNG is now on streaming Netflix. There goes the rest of the year. Watching an episode when Q is up to his usual shenanigans, wearing some sort of snowsuit or something. And Tasha Yar! I wanted to look like her when I was younger. Or I just wanted her soccer player haircut. I digress.)
I didn't edit that one.
So I should probably keep knitting - but I'm feeling a bit of claw hand coming on, I'll probably give it a rest for the evening. I'm so close, though. I have two more inches and then start the armhole shaping...and after that it goes quick. The Ear of Corn 8 row pattern is so easy to memorize (Wait a minute, they randomly separated the saucer from the Enterprise? Q is that big of a threat? Come on, Jean-Luc. Q is a complete hack. Oh, they think...wait, why did they do that? This strategy makes no sense.) Where was I? Oh yeah, the Ear of Corn pattern. Even though it has a Cable 8 on one row, which is ridiculous, it's easy to remember.I seem to have misplaced my larger rosewood cable noodle, and am using the thinner rosewood, which slips out of this yarn easily when doing the C8. Rather irritating. But...still. I'm so close! After that is the sleeves...should be easy. Done in the round, which is always faster for me. Purling slows me down. A LOT. (Uh, Q is totally wearing lip gloss? He is the worst villain. So annoying. Tasha is randomly beating people up. So badass. Err...actually, I just referred to a Star Trek character as badass? Gosh I'm a nerd. Wait, Q just froze her?)
This blog post is turning into a TNG stream of consciousness, I apologize.
Anyway, my birthday was Thursday. I got a Knitpicks gift card from my sister in law, so I've spent much of the past 48 hours figuring out what yarn to get. It's so difficult! I have my gray Palette that I have yet to start anything with. I don't know what to get! I have to start getting heavier yarn, instant gratification knitting is so much better. I'm tempted by their Comfy yarn...worsted weight, doesn't look like there's too much of a sheen to it, and it's a blend of cotton and acrylic, so it's probably soft to knit with. Ohh...the Seraphim color is my two favorite things...purple and gray. Oh, but Planet.Arium color is nice, too...a midnight blue (Ew, this is the era where Numbah One doesn't have a beard. Ugh. Did the first season of TNG cost like $4 to make? It looks absolutely lolzy.). I should probably go to my favorites on Ravelry and see what's there in worsted weight...And I am also so distracted by Q's costume changes.
Oh, I canceled my Facebook account today. You better not let me down, Google +.

No comments:

Post a Comment