Sunday, July 31, 2011

OK, NOW it's done.

I finished the Aidez. Took some kind of crummy pictures of it. All in all, it took me about 4 months, start to finish. It was pretty gratifying on account of the 10 1/2 needles and bulky yarn, but one thing I have figured (but really already known), is that I hate seaming. And sewing. With tremendous passion. The last garment I knitted that I had to sew was the Central Park Hoodie, about 4 years ago. I haaaaated it. I just do not have the patience for it. I've already started another Aidez (my Sirdar Tweedie one), and I'm going to tear it out and start over, modifying it so I'm doing the front and back at the same time, so I don't have to seam it. The back of the neck will be a little tricky to figure out, as the two front panels loop up around the back of the neck, but if I can figure out how to do it so it ends up being a three needle bind off, I'll be set.
So, here are some lame pics. Disregard bedhead and jammies, s'il vous plaƮt.


That's all for now. This has been a busy few weeks, and I'm zonked. Possibly going to try and figure out a way to go pick some peaches and raspberries, if they're still any good. I haven't made any jam yet this summer; it's about time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment