Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What to make, you ask?

I've taken what seems like a hiatus from knitting. After finishing the Aidez, I felt completely exhausted and uninspired. I had received my Knit Picks yarn to start the Neiman sweater from Knitty, but one unfortunate morning I awoke to find my knitting bag, hanging on the doorknob to the basement, the beginning of my sweater trailing from it across my dining room floor with many, many stitches dropped. I cursed my cat several times, and retreated into a nightly ritual of watching Star Trek: The Next Generation on streaming Netflix every night. Now, I realize I can knit and watch TV at the same time, but ... there never seems to be enough time to make real progress on my projects, so I have these sad, half finished projects in my yarn basket that grows every month. And I'm so tired of purling. Soooo tired of it.
I decided I was going to make something for Christopher as the last thing I had made him was the Raleigh Hills Hat and Ken Gloves, in Cascade 220. (Love, love love that yarn)
I asked him what he wanted me to make for him, and he requested this.

Huh. A gag sweater? Fine. Just fine.

Socks it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment