Sunday, September 4, 2011

'Slight Modification' or, 'Yes, I Frogged it'.

Forget socks. I didn't want to make socks anyway. Needles were too small. Yarn too thin. I'm starting to panic slightly on the amount of fingering weight yarn in my stash...I want to make things out of fingering or sport weights because of the tiny, tidy stitches, but when it comes down to it, it is so darn irritating.
I think I partially frogged them due to hurricane madness. We had Irene come through here a week ago today, and even though it was a tropical storm when it hit, we got messed up pretty good. Lost power last Sunday night, and got it back Friday afternoon. We were staying with my friend who had a generator, and it was fun...until the generator failed Friday. Luckily, we had just gotten power back Friday afternoon, so we moved everyone up to our house.
Needless to say, I didn't get much knitting done this past week. I halfheartedly tried to repair the Neiman I started and my cat had taken out of my bag and dropped a bunch of stitches, but that just frustrated me. I ended up tearing apart the Aidez I started with my Sirdhar chunky Tweedie, and writing it out to knit in one piece, until I reach the armholes. It would be so much easier not to have to do the seaming...I can't seem to do it right. I think it'll work out. I'm only on the ribbing, but it isn't discouraging because I'm doing the back and two fronts at once.
So I'm going to try and work on that tonight, maybe even watch the Netflix DVD we've had for like two months. I'm wondering how my knitting will fare now that I've started school again. Started this week after beginning it halfheartedly 13 years ago. Also, my Tiny One is starting Kindergarten on Tuesday. It's been a crazy, crazy week. I'm glad to be home. I ended up taking Tuesday off for Tiny One's first day, hopefully I can get the house in order during the day. It basically looked like someone left our house mid-rager last week.
Oh, and this morning? I made waffles with caramelized plums and nectarines. Last night it was Chicken Divan and a couple of loaves of banana bread with streusel topping. I'm obviously glad to be back in the kitchen, too. Now where did I leave my wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment