Monday, October 17, 2011

Uh, October's almost over, goober.

I'm still slaving away at the Boundless. My gosh, is the cabling on both sides irritating. I'm at Row 48 of approximately....I don't know. However long I want to make it. 3 skeins of my glorious Ultra Alpaca Fig gone thus far.
My dumb phone isn't taking pictures well but trust me, it looks great. There are a few issues I've had with this pattern, namely:
1. The increases. I've had problems like I haven't had before with the increases. There is one in particular that I wasn't familiar with before - an increase through the purl of the stitch below. I know I've been doing it wrong, because i'm getting tiny holes, and I know I shouldn't be. It's frustrating. I know I'm going to have tons of finishing to do, once I'm done.
2. The wrong-side cabling. Cabling slows me down enough. I know there are some crazy broads that cable without a cable needle, but I am so not there. Maybe I should try and find a video.
I don't know if it's because I knit English, but patterns like this, with alternating knit/purl stitches...I just can't do it fast. There's 12 repeats of the pattern across one row, and each edge. It takes me about twenty minutes to do a wrong side, maybe 10-15 to do a right side row. I just can't speed it up. I don't know why. I wanted to take a knitting Continental course at Stitches East this week, but of course I dawdled, and the Continental courses were sold out.
I have the knit stitch down on Continental, but my fingers are so used to doing everything like YO, SSK, K2TOG, etc in the English way, that I don't know how to do it any other way. Woe is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment