Saturday, December 17, 2011

Who's got two thumbs and is procrastinating? This broad!

So, I have officially finished the semester. I did fairly well as far as grades are concerned, but my knitting has suffered.
Here we are again in ... oh, for the love of pants. It's a week away from Christmas. Did I start knitting for my Secret Santa presents? Well, yes. I actually did. One of them I started in August, but has been hibernating in my knitting room. It's rather ambitious (of course) and there's a slim to nil chance that I'll actually finish (of course).
As always, I'm cooking instead of knitting. What else should I do? Well, I'm kind of knitting. No. I can't show you. Ugh, fine. Whatever.
Ha! You thought it was going to be knitting, didn't you?
That's dinner I made when I should have been working on Project 1.
Here's something that isn't a Christmas present that I've been working on:
Exciting, eh? It's a two row pattern. Totally easy. I'm using Encore Worsted held doubled on size 8 needles, and it's pretty quick. Almost at decreasing for the top of the hat. I am going to have to put this aside, at least until January 1, when my Christmas presents are fini. I'm going to be on vaca from the 23rd until the 2nd, so hopefully I'll be able to get stuff done. Goober's going to be at daycare for that week - so I can totally focus on knitting. It's probably the best vacation I can think of. Knitting, non stop? Maybe watching terrible movies throughout?
I've got some more cooking planned for tomorrow, so I totally have knitting time management down. Most likely making: Butterfinger truffles, caramel-dark chocolate truffles with fleur de sel, and triple chocolate hazelnut truffles. We shall see how this works out.
For now, c'est fini. Watching Christmas Vacation for the 8000th time, working on Santa project #1, and just finished making a batch of butterscotch oatmeal cookies.
Fantastique!

1 comment: